A-Katsastus Group is one of the leading European companies providing vehicle inspection, trade-in inspection and registration services. Its service range also includes drivers' examinations, road traffic licence services and the sale of car accessories, as well as automotive damage inspections and testing, crash repair and maintenance services.
Our primary goal is to improve road safety and safeguard the environment from harmful emissions. A-Katsastus Group has about 1,300 dedicated professionals around Finland who are working to attain our common goal every day.
The history of A-Katsastus goes all the way back to the early 1900s, when the first vehicle inspections and driver's examinations were performed in Finland. Over 100 years of operations and more than 100 million inspections and 10 million driver's examinations are strong proof of special expertise in the field.
Our main lines of business are vehicle inspections, driver's examinations, vehicle registration and vehicle-related quality and testing services, damage inspections as well as crash repair and maintenance services. Our service range varies from country to country in accordance with local legislation and guidelines provided for the field.
We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. Our staff are continuously developing their competence in order to serve our customers even better. We develop our activities in accordance with the wishes and needs of our customers.
- Area of operations: Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland and Sweden.
- Group head office is located in Helsinki, Finland
- Approximately 1,300 employees and 220 service points
- In 2017, the Group turnover was 132.0 million euro
- Approx. 1.7 million periodic technical inspections performed every year
- Approx. 22 000 body repairs every year
- Approx. 170.000 theory tests, 145.000 driving tests and 360 000 various permits for driving licence every year
- ISO 9001:2000 certified quality system in Finland
A-Katsastus Group is owned by the private equity group Bridgepoint
Group Key Figures 2013 - 2017
| ||2017 ||2016 ||2015 ||2014 ||2013* |
|Turnover M€ ||132 ||111 ||112 ||113,0 ||167,2 |
|Employees ||1600 ||1400 ||1400 ||1300 ||2000 |
|Stations Finland ||184 ||180 ||180 ||180 ||191 |
|Other countries ||104 ||96 ||92 ||85 ||126 |
* Before the sales of Belgian and Danish operations