The Code of Conduct (hereinafter referred to as the Code) in A-Katsastus Group (A-Katsastus-konserni Suomi, hereinafter referred to as A-Katsastus Group or the Group) defines the best practices of the Group and the way of operating for all A-Katsastus Group employees. The Code outlines what sorts of behaviours are expected of employees as well as their responsibilities towards the Group, co-workers, customers, suppliers or sub-contractors. The Code is applicable in A-Katsastus Group and all its subsidiaries as follows:
- A-Katsastus Holding Oy (1942280-1)
- A-Katsastus Group Oy (1980440-4)
- A-Katsastus Oy (1959705-4)
- Ajovarma Oy (1033613-0)
A-Katsastus Group employees are required to behave at all times in a way which upholds the values and business ethics of A-Katsastus Group. The Code is handed out to new employees at induction and is available to all employees in the company's internal network or at the company premises.
The main goals of the Code are to establish a proper standard for the conduct of A-Katsastus Group employees and to set out the minimum attributes and abilities that a person must demonstrate to perform as an employee in A-Katsastus Group under the Code. The Code does not list exhaustively the acts and omissions that may fall short of what is expected of a competent and responsible employee in A-Katsastus Group.
Each and every manager in A-Katsastus Group is responsible for the implementation and follow-up of the Code.
GENERAL RULES IN A-KATSASTUS GROUP
We are committed to delivering high quality service to our customers and we recognise our responsibility. We act in accordance with our corporate values and follow the law and generally acknowledged ethical standards.
Economic, ecological and social responsibility
Our aim is to maintain a profitable business and to take into account the environment and society in all our activities. Every employee is responsible for productivity and efficiency in his or her own actions while operating as an A-Katsastus Group employee.
Protecting the environment from harmful emissions and improving road safety are part of our everyday operations as well as consumer protection. We encourage and support our employees to train and develop their skills to ensure better road safety and cleaner environment.
We are committed to maintain proper economic documentation that meets the legal requirements of applicable laws to ensure business incorruptibility and transparency.
Human rights and employee equality
We respect human rights and answer for the full compliance of the legislation related to employee rights and employment. We are committed to equality in recruitment and in employment procedures.
We are committed to create a safe and healthy working environment. All of our employees must be able and willing to deal fairly with co-workers and refrain from any sort of discrimination or ill-treatment of other persons.
Laws and regulations
We comply in all our operations with applicable laws and regulations. We require that all our employees - regardless of their status - follow the laws and regulations related to their own work.
Business incorruptibility and conflicts of interest
We, including all of our employees, do not take or offer to pay bribes or illegal payments.
Our employees do not take personal benefits of any kind of their position or the information they have received because of their position in the Group. Every employee is responsible for following the requirements of independence related to all A-Katsastus Group operations.
We offer impartial and equal service to our customers. We follow good practice when marketing our products and services.
We maintain a businesslike relationship with competitors and comply with applicable antitrust legislation.
Suppliers and sub-contractors
We require our subcontractors' operations to be of good quality and in compliance with local laws. We appreciate long-term partnerships.
The Code requires that, in addition to the above, an employee must:
- behave honestly and with integrity in the course of A-Katsastus Group employment;
- act with care and diligence in the course of A-Katsastus Group employment;
- treat everyone with respect and courtesy and without harassment or any sort of ill-treatment;
- maintain appropriate confidentiality of any classified information regarding the Group;
- disclose and take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with A-Katsastus Group employment;
- not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes in connection with the employee's employment in A-Katsastus Group;
- not make improper use of inside information of the Group or the employee's duties, status, power or authority in order to gain or seek to gain a benefit or advantage for the employee or any other person;
- at all times behave in a way that upholds the A-Katsastus Group Values, business ethics and the integrity and good reputation of the A-Katsastus Group.
To ensure compliance with the Code the employer may impose disciplinary measures according to applicable laws if breach of the Code is found to have occurred.
The authentic language of the Code is English. If conflicts of interpretation of the Code occur the Code is to be interpreted according to the English version.
(Updated December 2, 2019)