A-Katsastus Group is one of the leading European companies providing vehicle inspection, trade-in inspection and registration services. Its service range also includes drivers' examinations, road traffic licence services and the sale of car accessories.
Our primary goal is to improve road safety and safeguard the environment from harmful emissions. A-Katsastus Group has about 1000 dedicated professionals around Finland who are working to attain our common goal every day.
The history of A-Katsastus goes all the way back to the early 1900s, when the first vehicle inspections and driver's examinations were performed in Finland. Over 100 years of operations and more than 100 million inspections and 10 million driver's examinations are strong proof of special expertise in the field.
Our main lines of business are vehicle inspections, driver's examinations and vehicle registration.
We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. Our staff are continuously developing their competence in order to serve our customers even better. We develop our activities in accordance with the wishes and needs of our customers.
- Area of operations: Finland
- Group head office is located in Helsinki, Finland
- Approximately 1000 employees and 190 service points
- In 2018, the Group turnover was 72.5 million euro
- Approx. 770.000 periodic technical inspections performed every year
- Approx. 160.000 theory tests, 155.000 driving tests and 360 000 various permits for driving licence every year
- ISO 9001:2000 certified quality system in Finland
A-Katsastus Group is owned by the Finnish private equity firm MB Funds.
Group Key Figures 2014 - 2018
| ||2018 ||2017 ||2016 ||2015 ||2014 |
|Turnover M€ ||72.5 ||71.5 ||72.9 ||81.2 ||90.4 |
|Employees ||1015 ||977 ||992 ||1002 ||1038 |
|Stations Finland ||194 ||184 ||180 ||180 ||180 |
|Other countries ||104* ||104 ||96 ||92 ||85 |
* A-Katsastus Group sold its business operations in Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Poland during 2018.